A stand mixer is a stationary mixer with a motor that is able to handle every mixing task from simple to heavy duty. They generally have a special bowl that is locked into place while the mixer is in use.
Stand mixers combine heavy duty steel construction with a powerful motor to help you complete a multitude of cooking and baking tasks. They offer an extra pair of strong hands to help you in the kitchen.
Best Hand Mixers
What are the best hand mixers? See video below.
Top Picks for Mixers
- Best overall: KitchenAid Artisan Tilt-Head Stand Mixer with Pouring Shield
- Best on a budget: KitchenAid 4.5-Quart Classic Series Stand Mixer
- Best for bread: KitchenAid Professional 5 Plus Series Stand Mixer
- Best for pros: KitchenAid 6 Qt. Professional 600 Series Bowl-Lift Stand Mixer
- Best upscale model: KitchenAid 5-Qt. Artisan Design Series with Glass Bowl
Function of a Mixer
What is the purpose of a mixer? See image below.
Types of Mixer
What kind of mixer should be used best? Find out below.